Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Funny thing about cycling...

It is ironic that during the season, I sometimes get stressed from riding my bike, while in the off-season, it is riding my bike that relieves me of stress. Funny how that works, eh?

I seem to have picked up on whatever cold is going around, and have not been feeling my best the past few days. Slept for 14 hours last night, so hopefully that helped, but I can tell you that as of this moment, it has not.

I have a chance to go to the collegiate mountain bike nationals in Angel Fire, New Mexico with the University of Arizona cycling team Oct. 20-21. I'm thinking of taking them up on it, as I think that it would be pretty fun to do. Only problem I can see is that I'd have to train a little bit after not doing much of anything since the state road race about a month ago, and that the race takes place at roughly 9000 ft, with the high point over 11,000 ft. That might not be so fun, but I'll probably end up going anyway. Might even be the oldest guy there! Adios.

No comments: