Monday, March 12, 2007

Mellow weekend

This was a well deserved and very much appreciated Sunday off the bike. I took advantage of my Mom being in town from Mi, to take the weekend off of work and relax a little bit. It was especially nice because this was the first weekend of spring break, so there is no schoolwork to worry about for another ten days.

I did do the Shootout yesterday, which was just as fun (chaotic) as always. The usual suspects were all represented; even the retired Gord rolled down on his newly built up retro Peuguot. I was looking to test myself a bit on the ride, so I launched an attack just after the bridge and ended up in a break of about five guys that was brought back just before the start of the hills. Phil Ligget would have said that my body was crying out to stop at this point (and I would have agreed!), but I settled back in and helped the team do a great leadout for Scott going into the hill. It was one of the best leadout's that we have done, as everyone was on the front for the last 1.5 miles before the hill. To bad for us that Mike D. and Buck where latched onto Scott's wheel, with Buck coming around in the last 25 meters to take the sprint.

Fast cruise into town and then 18 holes of golf out at the Starr Pass course. Always eventful, let's just say that I had a 68 on my card by the end...I'll leave it to you to guess the number of holes for that one! Adios.

No comments: