Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tumacacori

Did the Tumacacori road race on Sunday after working 27 hours and two consecutive doubles at work on Friday and Saturday. Not really the best race prep that I've ever had. Anyway, I headed down to the race not really knowing what to expect out of the legs for the day. Turned out that I ended up having a decent day once I was able to get moving, to bad for me that happened after I had been spit out the back on the climb on lap 2. I rode in a group that was about 30 seconds to 1 minute behind that pack for about 3 laps but we just couldn't close the gap. Used the race as a killer training ride after that and pulled the climb every lap until I attacked the group with two to go and caught a few more guys on the way in to finish up in 16th place. David Glick, Tim Carolan, and Jared Gilyard had the best showing for the team, finishing up in 4th, 6th, and 7th respectively. Jared would have been 2nd had he not had his lap count a little screwed up in the end, bummer about that. Full results can be found here. Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would have?