Thursday, July 26, 2007

No More Bets

I guess I'm going to have to stop doing my daily (at least for the past week) over/under bet on the doping stories going on in le Tour, since virtually every story that has been coming out recently has related to that subject. I saw the news yesterday regarding the yellow jersey about 3:00 pm, and frankly, it just made me sad. I love cycling and have spent the last ten years trying to race at a high level. Stories like this really just about make me want to quit the sport. It is just sad these days when almost every headline related to cycling, and pro sports in general, leaves the reader with a bad taste in their mouth. Go to any major sports page, all one reads about anymore is dogfighting, steroids, gambling, doping, cheating, money, strippers, and, oh yeah, maybe an occasional score thrown in just to satisfy the people who seem to care. I guess this is why we see so many bitter old men. Adios.

No comments: