Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Greased it...

After a full day of slacking on Saturday, I got the call from DD and PT to meet at the garage at 7:00 for a Sunday ride. "Sounds good" I thought while riding home from work Sat. night...surely they wouldn't want to go to nuts considering that the two of them had probably gone long earlier in the morning.

So I rolled over to Dan's about 7:07, PT shows a few minutes later, and we proceeded to head out through campus down to University. Quick stop at Starbucks for my daily dose, and off we went, me thinking four hours or so, the two of them thinking otherwise.

Dan took us on a new loop that I'd been wanting to do for a while, Sierra Mtn Rd. Super scenic climb that goes above tree-line with ten foot snow drifts on either side of the road! Wait, I must still be dreaming, this is the desert after all. Actually it is a cool loop that goes up this gradual grade for a few miles, then kicks you out around the Three Points area.

Here is where things got interesting. We stopped to refuel, and I grabbed a diet coke. At the counter they have one of those super caffine energy boosters, this one called 7 Hour Energy. Try it, they work, and only 20 cals. PT dares me to do it, so I say sure. While this is going on, they both tell me that we are doing the Square from there, so it looks like it will be a long day. One thing leads to another and the next think I know I'm at La Salsa around 4:00 eating El Champion and wondering if I am going to make it through work. Adios.

No comments: