Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vintage

I saw that my friend Robert Herriman had posted some old results that I haven't seen in a while so I thought I'd share some of them here:



Pontiac Lake was the first place that I ever rode a mountain bike, and also the Pontiac Lake Time Trial was the first race that I ever competed in, racing in the beginner class with my brother way back in 1994. We used to ride out there in jean shorts and t-shirts, and never made it all the way around without stopping for a smoke at the top of the biggest hill in the place. My how things have changed!

They have changed the course during the last few years, and I hear that it is longer and a little slower now. When I was competing there, that used to be just about the fastest course in MI, and it was full speed ahead all the way through. Everyone that mattered used to come out for the time trial there, so it was a great test to see where you ranked among your peers. Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was THE test ground of fitness. Every ride there was to PR. Every race proved who the BAD ASS was. Those were some sweet battles. I miss those days.