Thursday, July 24, 2008

Swamped

So I am leaving my apartment of the last five years for some upgraded condo living. Should be a good move for me, as my new place will have A/C (no more swamp), and all appliances, including a washer and dryer. Bit further north, so hopefully that will cut down on some of the rif-raf that is sometimes found floating around in my current area. I'm signing my new lease on Monday, and have a ton of stuff to take care of before hand. I don't think I realized exactly how much stuff was on my plate until I started to clean out a couple closets yesterday before work. This is going to be a giant pain in the ass, but I think it will be a good move once I am finished.

That being said, it looks like the bike time is going to drop a bit over the next few days. Between getting ready to move and working every night, it has been a little hard for me to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 AM to beat the heat. Whenever my work hours go up, my bike hours usually drop in proportion. No complaints here, because business levels right now are about the same as they were in peak season back in winter, so I'm taking it while I can. Did get out yesterday for the morning ride to Lemmon, but we were caught in a rare, early morning Tucson rain, so I ended up flipping it without seeing the mountain (it was actually shrouded in rain, so no one could see it), and headed home to watch Carlos Sastre put the screws to the GC contenders on the climb of the Alp, taking the yellow jersey in the process. I still think that Cadel can take the GC, but he is leaving things awful close at this point in the race. Adios.

No comments: