Friday, March 06, 2009

TBC Stage 1 Time Trial

Well, I just got back a little while ago from my first race in a long time. I'm racing the Tucson Bike Classic in the old mans category this weekend (35+). Today was the time trial through McCain Loop out in the desert west of Tucson. Always a hard ride. I decided to go Eddie Merckx style and road without any areo equipment, since I really don't think my fitness would have been good enough for a decent result, not to mention that my TT position when clipping areo bars onto my normal bike is terrible. Got a good workout out of the ride, and clocked 9:10 according to my unscientific calculations. If I had to guess, I would say that I probably will split the field of 40 with that time.

Tomorrow is a road race down in Sahaurita. 60 miles of rolling terrain. Right now my only goal is to make it through the first lap, see how I feel and evaluate from there.

Currently listening to the latest U2 album, "No Line on the Horizon." I've only heard it a couple times at this point, so I'm not totally sold on it yet. So far there are several outstanding songs, a couple that are so-so, and one that really sucks, but the verdict is still out on if it will be a good album or not. I really need a few more listens to make that decision. That being said, nothing that U2 has put out over the past 15 years (basically since Zooropa) has come close to touching the quality of their earlier work. I'd pay big bucks to be able to go back in time and see them on the Joshua Tree tour. Adios.

1 comment:

wow-xu said...

Greeting! What do you think of wow gold? I always lack of wow gold to buy some great item for my char before the wow patch 3.1 and I need to do wow power leveling for the cheapest wow gold or I have to search cheap wow gold on google search. The world changed since the 3.1 patch released. Short of buy wow gold for me wasn't so high frequency now. And I’m curious why this situation happened? The items became cheap? Or we can farm wow gold much easy? Hope someone can give me an answer.